Softball all-stars Program
Redondo Sunset Softball All-Stars is a competitive program made up of the best players in the league, with the goal of creating the strongest teams to represent Redondo Sunset in USA Championship Play – District, Regional, State, and National tournaments. In addition to providing the opportunity to win these tournaments, our All-Star program provides players with invaluable experiences on the field and creates great memories with their friends and teammates.
Below is an overview of how the Softball All-Star Program works:
- All-Star teams will be drafted on Monday, April 24, 2023.
- We will attempt to field one or two All-Star teams in each softball division.
- All-Stars is a major commitment. Players must commit to a practice and tournament schedule in order to participate. We expect the teams to begin tournament play on May 19, 2023 and to have tournament every weekend through the end of June 2023.
- To be eligible for All-Stars, each player must pay the All-Star fees in advance. Players who do not make the team will be quickly refunded. Unfortunately, the league has had trouble collecting fees from players in the past. As a non-profit, we need to collect the money in advance. Thank you for understanding.
- To be eligible for All-Stars, a player must have participated in 75% of the regular season games, absent injury or other good cause.
- Teams are selected by the Managers of each division – there is no additional tryout.
- All-Star Managers are chosen by the Managers of each division.
- If selected to an All-Star Team, the player’s family must volunteer a set number of hours over Memorial Day weekend at the War at the Shore tournament and provide a deposit check, that will be returned after your volunteer duties are met. This is important because profits from WATS are used to keep the All-Star fees reasonable.
- There are no minimum play rules in All-Stars, though in 6U and 8U all players on the roster are required to hit. For 10U, 12U, and 14U your child is not guaranteed to play in the field or be in the batting order if they make the team, although managers are encouraged to find playing time for everyone.