SPRING all-stars Program
2023 All Star Teams
Redondo Sunset Softball All-Stars is a competitive program designed to send our best players to represent the league in USA Softball’s Championship Play. In addition to providing the opportunity to compete in tournaments, our All-Star Program provides players with invaluable experiences on the field and great memories with their friends and teammates. Below is an overview the All-Star program:
*****All-Stars is a major commitment. Please read this entire page carefully.*****
- The level of play at USA Softball tournaments is very high. Our teams must work very hard to maximize their talents to play in competitive tournaments. Teams will practice up to two hours per day Mondays through Thursdays (manager will make the final call), in addition to Friday-Sunday tournaments every weekend.
- In addition to practices, player must commit to the following tournament schedule in order to participate:
- May 17-19, 2024: TBD
- May 23-27, 2024: RS Annual War at the Shore
- May 31-June 2, 2024: TBD
- June 7-9, 2024: TBD
- June 14-16, 2024: LA/South Bay District Championship Tournament
- States/Regionals – addition tournaments in June and/or July 2024 which we will qualify for if we place in the top 3 at Districts
- To be eligible for All-Stars, a player must have participated in 75% of the regular season games and practices. Also, a player must not have participated in any travel ball activity after March 31, 2024.
- The All-Star Commitment form will be made available in April 2024 and must submitted along with a deposit check in order to be eligible for All-Stars. The check will be returned after the WATS tournament once RS confirms the parents have paid for All-Stars and volunteered at WATS.
- All-Star teams are selected by the managers in each division – there is no additional tryout. First, the top ten players will be selected by confidential vote of the division’s managers. Next, the manager will be elected by confidential vote of the division’s managers. Finally, the manager may add up to two additional girls from a short list created by the division’s managers to the team.
- Prior participation on a Select or All-Star team does not impact selection onto the current team and does not guarantee a spot on the 2023 roster.
- Players must be willing to play for whichever manager is selected. Once teams are formed, we move immediately into ordering jerseys and other swag and into practices and tournaments, so the roster formed on draft night must be final. Thank you for understanding.
- It is our hope that players who are chosen as All-Stars are willing to play for whichever team they are selected for, be it Gold or Silver or Bronze. The Silver and Bronze experience is incredibly valuable for the players who participate, giving them tons of extra reps and furthering their journey toward additional success next season. With all of that said, you’ll be asked to indicate during registration whether you would like to be considered for the Silver or Bronze team if your child doesn’t make Gold. The Silver and Bronze teams will be selected immediately after the Gold team, so we need to know now whether your child would play Silver or Bronze. There will NOT be any opportunity to change your mind about that after the All-Star teams are drafted.
- Each player’s family must volunteer a set number of hours over Memorial Day weekend at the War at the Shore tournament. This is important because profits from WATS are used to keep the All-Star fees down. Keep in mind that the girls will get swag included in the cost of All-Stars, typically including jerseys, a new bag, etc.
- There is no minimum play requirement in All-Stars, though in 6U and 8U all players on the roster are required to hit. For 10U, 12U, and 14U, your daughter is not guaranteed to play in the field or be in the batting order if they make the team, although managers are encouraged to find playing time for everyone.
- Please do your best to communicate any concerns or complaints to the All-Star manager in an open, honest, and calm dialogue. The All-Star managers necessarily need thick skins because parents who are used to seeing their kids in top positions during the Rec season might see their child used differently during All-Stars. Please respect the All-Stars managers – they are still just volunteers, and they are taking on a huge responsibility for the next month or two.
- If you child does not make All-Stars, please try not to be discouraged. Plenty of players improve drastically from one season to the next as they develop physically and mentally as young people and softball players. There are also additional opportunities to get reps in during Summer Ball and Fall Ball and at our Clinics.
2024 SOFTBALL ALL STAR DRAFT COMMITMENT FORM