SPRING all-stars Program
2023 All Star Teams
RS Softball All-Stars is a competitive program with the goal of sending the best players in the league to represent RS in USA Softball Championship Play. In addition to providing the opportunity to compete in tournaments, our All-Star Program provides players with invaluable experiences on the field and great memories with their friends and teammates. Below is an overview the All-Star program:
- All-Stars is a major commitment.
- The level of play at USA Softball tournaments is very high.
- Our teams must work very hard to maximize their talents to play in competitive tournaments.
- Teams will practice up to two hours per day Mondays through Thursdays (manager will make the final call), in addition to Friday-Sunday tournaments every weekend.
- TOURNAMENTS: In addition to practices, player must commit to the following tournament schedule in order to participate:
- May 19-21: West Valley
- May 25-29: RS War at the Shore
- June 2-4: Multiple options, location TBD
- June 9-11: Multiple options, location TBD
- June 16-18: District Championship Tournament
- To be eligible for All-Stars, a player must have participated in 75% of the regular season games and practices, absent injury or other good cause.
- All-Star players are selected by the confidential vote of the all the managers in each division – there is no additional tryout.
- We ask for your patience and understanding with the selection process – we are mindful that some players and families will be disappointed with the results because a limited number of spots are available. We promise to do our very best to fairly choose the best players from this season. The first ten players on the team will be selected one by one by confidential vote of the division’s managers. Next, the manager will be elected by confidential vote of the division’s managers. This manager may then add up to two additional girls from a short list created by the division’s managers to the team.
- Prior participation on a Select or All-Star team does not impact selection onto the current team and does not guarantee a spot on the 2023 roster.
- Players must be willing to play for whichever manager is selected. Once teams are formed, we move immediately into ordering jerseys and other swag and into practices, so the decisions made on draft night in terms of players and coaches must be final. Thank you for understanding.
- It is our hope that players who are chosen as All-Stars are willing to play for whichever team they are selected for, either Gold or Silver. The Gold teams will go to Districts and hopefully beyond. The Silver teams will play in the pre-District tournaments only, and a handful of players from the Silver teams will be eligible to be absorbed for Districts into the Gold team. The Silver experience is incredibly valuable for the players who participate, giving them tons of extra reps and furthering their journey toward additional success next season. With all of that said, you’ll be asked to indicate during registration whether you would like to be considered for the Silver team if your child doesn’t make Gold. The Silver team will be selected immediately after the Gold team, so we need to know now whether your child would play Silver. There will NOT be any opportunity to change your mind about that after the All-Star teams are drafted.
- Each player’s family must volunteer a set number of hours over Memorial Day weekend at the War at the Shore tournament. This is important because profits from WATS are used to keep the All-Star fees reasonable.
- There is no minimum play requirement in All-Stars, though in 8U all players on the roster are required to hit. For 10U and 12U your daughter is not guaranteed to play in the field or be in the batting order if they make the team, although managers are encouraged to find playing time for everyone.
- Please do your best to communicate any concerns or complaints to the All-Star manager in an open, honest, and calm dialogue. The All-Star managers necessarily need thick skins because parents who are used to seeing their kids in top positions during the Rec season might see their child used differently during All-Stars. Please respect the All-Stars managers – they are still just volunteers, and they are taking on a huge responsibility for the next month or two.
- All interested players must complete the online commitment form and provide a $300 deposit check to your Rec manager by Thursday, April 27th. The checks will only be cashed if a selected player drops out after the All-Star draft.
- If you child does not make All-Stars, please try not to be discouraged. Plenty of players improve drastically from one season to the next as they develop physically and mentally as softball players. We hope to have a summer program this year and we’ll definitely have a fall program. There are many opportunities for motivated players to develop their softball skills before 2024 All-Stars!